Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Returning a Value from Another Worksheet

I have two worksheets in one Excel 2007 file that I'm working with, in which
I want the second worksheet to return values of the first worksheet. Hope I
can explain it clearly he

The first sheet contains a list of data and numbers to caculate a points
system. For example:

Worksheet1
Name Column B Column C Points
Data1 100 5 4
Data2 75 2 1

2) In the second worksheet, I want to be able to input a specific value from
Column A (i.e., I inputted "Data2" from Worksheet1) and, in the cell next to
it, return its value from Column D from Worksheet1 (i.e. return the value of
"4"):

Worsheet2
Name Column B
Data2 1

Is this possible and how can I get this to work?

If you have any questions, please let me know. I know it may not be clear
enough as it was hard to explain without showing it face-to-face. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

....value from Column D from Worksheet1 (i.e. return the value of
"1")...versus "4". Sorry for the typo and confusions.

Let's see if I can rewrite this clearer....

If data from Worksheet2 Column A = data from Worksheet1 Column A,
then return it's correlating value in Worksheet1, Column D to Worksheet2,
Column B.