Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Duplicate Function Help

I'm trying to use a duplicate function (or possibly a duplicate macro) to
filter through information.

I've tried =countif($A$1:$A$2000,a2) to locate which accounts are
duplicates. This works perfectly except I need the formula to differentiate
between data as well as locate the duplicates.

I have two columns of data (A=Account Number, B=Dollar Amount). In column A
the account number will appear more than once. This is expected. So what I
need is a forumla that can determine if the account number appears any where
else in the list and if one balance is negative and the other is 0. If so I
all I need it to put is Yes so that I can review it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.