Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Help Please?

I'm trying to figure out the best formula to resolve the following:

A B C
Name Jan. Feb

1 Barb 8 3
2 Group 4 5
3 Ernest 6 7
4 Group 7 9
5 Heidi 9 4
6 Group 4 8
7 Total ____ ______

What we are trying to accomplish, is a formula that totals the values in
column "B", however, those values which are "group" (B2, B4 & B6) should be
multipled by 34%, while those values which are not group (B1, B3, & B5) are
totaled at 100% of their value (merely added up). We'll be doing this
spreadsheet over a 12 month period, however, I only gave examples for Jan and
Feb to display what I'm trying to accomplish. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way...

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A7<"group")*B2:C7)+SUMPRODUCT((A2 :A7="group")*B2:C7)*0.34

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Danny Boy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this and drag right for other months

=(SUMIF($A$2:$A$7,"Group",C2:C7)*0.34)+SUMIF($A$2: $A$7,"<Group",C2:C7)
--
Mike

question.