Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default LOOKUP A VALUE IN A TABLE AND RETURN VALUE OF FIRST ROW IN THATCOLUMN

Hi,

In a table as follows,
AC1 AC2 AC3 AC4 AC5
pn1 11 12 13 14 15
pn2 21 22 23 24 25
pn3 31 32 33 34 35
pn4 41 42 43 44 45
pn5 51 52 53 54 55
pn6 61 62 63 64 65
pn7 71 72 73 74 75
pn8 81 82 83 84 85
pn9 91 92 93 94 95
pn10 101 102 103 104 105

I want to lookup for a single value (53, for instance) and to know
which AC it corresponds to (AC3 in this case)

I.e. :
LOOKUPSOMEWAY(53) = AC3
LOOKUPSOMEWAY(74) = AC4
ETC

I have tried LOOKUP function but with no proper results.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default LOOKUP A VALUE IN A TABLE AND RETURN VALUE OF FIRST ROW IN THAT CO

H1 holds criteria

=INDEX(A1:F1,MAX(INDEX((A1:F11=H1)*COLUMN(A1:F11), )))

" wrote:

Hi,

In a table as follows,
AC1 AC2 AC3 AC4 AC5
pn1 11 12 13 14 15
pn2 21 22 23 24 25
pn3 31 32 33 34 35
pn4 41 42 43 44 45
pn5 51 52 53 54 55
pn6 61 62 63 64 65
pn7 71 72 73 74 75
pn8 81 82 83 84 85
pn9 91 92 93 94 95
pn10 101 102 103 104 105

I want to lookup for a single value (53, for instance) and to know
which AC it corresponds to (AC3 in this case)

I.e. :
LOOKUPSOMEWAY(53) = AC3
LOOKUPSOMEWAY(74) = AC4
ETC

I have tried LOOKUP function but with no proper results.

Thanks in advance for you help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VÃ*o 21:36:04 UTC+7 Thứ tÆ°, ngÃ*y 03 tháng hai năm 2010, Teethless mama đã viết:

" wrote:

Hi,

In a table as follows,
AC1 AC2 AC3 AC4 AC5
pn1 11 12 13 14 15
pn2 21 22 23 24 25
pn3 31 32 33 34 35
pn4 41 42 43 44 45
pn5 51 52 53 54 55
pn6 61 62 63 64 65
pn7 71 72 73 74 75
pn8 81 82 83 84 85
pn9 91 92 93 94 95
pn10 101 102 103 104 105

I want to lookup for a single value (53, for instance) and to know
which AC it corresponds to (AC3 in this case)

I.e. :
LOOKUPSOMEWAY(53) = AC3
LOOKUPSOMEWAY(74) = AC4
ETC

I have tried LOOKUP function but with no proper results.

Thanks in advance for you help.

.

your formula works in excel but not in google spreasheet. can you help me to fix it?

THanks