Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formatting based upon due dates

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet which maps out events which will occur by date.
I simply wish to add a RAG status indicating:-

Dates that are due within three days as AMBER
Dates that are overdue as RED
All other dates in the future as GREEN

I have no clue as to how to do this, please help.
Thanks,
Tracey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may use Conditional Formatting for your desired results. In Office 2007
go to HOME and then STYLE and then CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. System will guide
you how to fetch results...

"Tracey G" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet which maps out events which will occur by date.
I simply wish to add a RAG status indicating:-

Dates that are due within three days as AMBER
Dates that are overdue as RED
All other dates in the future as GREEN

I have no clue as to how to do this, please help.
Thanks,
Tracey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. Select the range A1:A50. Please note that the cell referenced in the
formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white
background even after selection

2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting

3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=A1=TODAY()+3

Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Green)

4. Click on Add button.

5. For Condition2Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=AND(A1=TODAY(),A1-3<TODAY())

Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Amber)

6. Click on Add button.

7. For Condition3Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=AND(A10,A1<TODAY())

Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)

8. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tabStylesConditional
FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

--
Jacob