-   -   Conditional Formatting - Formula to fill cell using % (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/254170-conditional-formatting-formula-fill-cell-using-%25.html)

sbres

Conditional Formatting - Formula to fill cell using %

Using Excel 2007, I have dollar values in columns A, B and C. C=B-A. I
would like to highlight the cells in column C red if the cell value is
greater than 5% of the value in column A.
Here is my formula, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? The
formatting highlights every cell, regardless of it's value.

=$C$2($A$2*0.05)

Huber57

Conditional Formatting - Formula to fill cell using %

Get rid of your absolute references (the $'s).

Then try it again.

HTH.

"sbres" wrote:

Using Excel 2007, I have dollar values in columns A, B and C. C=B-A. I
would like to highlight the cells in column C red if the cell value is
greater than 5% of the value in column A.
Here is my formula, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? The
formatting highlights every cell, regardless of it's value.

=$C$2($A$2*0.05)

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Conditional Formatting - Formula to fill cell using %

Hi,

Try this =$C2($A2*0.05)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP