Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Synchronize data across 2 sheets

Hi all

Excel 2007 Workbook with a sheet called 2010 around 700 rows/records and a
sheet called Previous around 5000 rows records.
Both have 31 columns and identical column headers

On the 2010 sheet there are records that have changed, how do I get the
changed records details onto and overwite the same record on the Previous
sheet.

Not sure if it would help but each record has a unique reference number.

How do i do this ?

Hope this makes sense
thanks for any help offered

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eva Eva is offline

Hi
If you know which colums are to be changed I would use vlookup function.
Vlookup(lookup value, where, # of column,falsde)
example
A1 - unique code in your Sheet2
A:D-range of your data in Sheet1 (in column A there is unique code)
3-where data should be taken from
false-match exact
vlookup(A1,Sheet1!A:D,3,false)

After you update it, copy everything in Sheet2 and paste special values

Click yes if helped
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

Hi all

Excel 2007 Workbook with a sheet called 2010 around 700 rows/records and a
sheet called Previous around 5000 rows records.
Both have 31 columns and identical column headers

On the 2010 sheet there are records that have changed, how do I get the
changed records details onto and overwite the same record on the Previous
sheet.

Not sure if it would help but each record has a unique reference number.

How do i do this ?

Hope this makes sense
thanks for any help offered

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for replying Eva

Unfortunately i dont know which cells have changed data ,its different data
in different cells and columns. One thing that never changes is the unique
number each person has in column G
I was hoping that i could get Excel to look at all of the unique identifier
numbers in column G in sheet 1 and then find the same identifier in column
G in sheet 2 and overwrite the whole row.
So if the unique number in sheet 1 is 1134 it will find the same number in
sheet 2 and overwrite the complete row.

"Eva" wrote in message
Hi
If you know which colums are to be changed I would use vlookup function.
Vlookup(lookup value, where, # of column,falsde)
example
A1 - unique code in your Sheet2
A:D-range of your data in Sheet1 (in column A there is unique code)