-   -   subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/253953-subtracting-2-cells-but-only-if-1st-cell-greater-than-0-a.html)

Maureen

subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0

In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is
, or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0. i have tried severeral
=if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work. Any suggestions?

FSt1

subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0

hi
if i understand your post, you want c11 subtracted from d11 if c11 is
greater than or equal to 0 otherwize 0.
try this.....
=IF(OR(C110,C11=0),D11-C11,0)

post back if i misunderstood.

Regards
FSt1
"Maureen" wrote:

In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is
, or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0. i have tried severeral
=if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work. Any suggestions?

David Biddulph[_2_]

subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0

You could simplify =IF(OR(C110,C11=0),D11-C11,0) to =IF(C11=0,D11-C11,0),
but I think the OP wanted =IF(C110,D11-C11,0).
--
David Biddulph