Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default simple formula help for matching information

I need to build a formula that will return information from a lookup... I
want to enter information such as a phone number, and then look down a colum
of numbers to see if it is a match and if so either go to the matching cell
or return a value of = match or both if possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Check out item number 41.

If you launch this Workbook go to Sheet2. In cells A 2 to A 6 inclusive if
you enter any of the first names that appear in A 2 to A 6 of Sheet1 their
surnames will be pulled back into Sheet2.

If you apply the above simple scenario to your own situation I think you
should be OK.

Thanks.