Matt Porter

Default Updating a league table.

Hi guys. I'm trying to teach myself to use excel and as a project to get me
going I've decided to create a results and league table for the English
Football Premier League.

I've got my fixtures and result grid, and the league table. I've programmed
it to update the win, lose, draw, goal difference for both home and away
fixtures and the total points for the team automatically when I type in the
results. However I can't get it to sort the league table by order of points
(highest to lowest) and to take into account the superior goal difference if
points are tied.

If anybody has any thoughts that could help me, I would appreciate it, but
please take into account that I am just starting to learn excel so you may
need to dumb things down for me to understand. I can e-mail to document to
any of you if it helps you to get a clearer picture of what I need.

Many thanks
Matt