Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Increase cell value by 1 based on another cell change

Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change

eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change from
30 to 31

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
in A10 enter
=if(A1=2009,30,if(A1=2010,31))

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change

eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change from
30 to 31

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Eduardo" wrote in message
in A10 enter
=if(A1=2009,30,if(A1=2010,31))

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change

eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change
from
30 to 31

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Eduardo thanks for the reply but I explained wrongly, my apologies (a bad
day !).
What I should have said was A1 changes for example from 2009 to 2010 and
whatever numbe ris in B1 increase its value by 1. the values in column B
are all different random numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if(A1=2009,B1,if(A1=2010,B1+1,""))
--
David Biddulph

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote in message

"Eduardo" wrote in message
in A10 enter
=if(A1=2009,30,if(A1=2010,31))

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change

eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change
from
30 to 31

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Eduardo thanks for the reply but I explained wrongly, my apologies (a bad
day !).
What I should have said was A1 changes for example from 2009 to 2010 and
whatever numbe ris in B1 increase its value by 1. the values in column
B are all different random numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tg tg is offline

Enter a $ before the number, then copy the cell.

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

"Eduardo" wrote in message
in A10 enter
=if(A1=2009,30,if(A1=2010,31))

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change

eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change
from
30 to 31

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Eduardo thanks for the reply but I explained wrongly, my apologies (a bad
day !).
What I should have said was A1 changes for example from 2009 to 2010 and
whatever numbe ris in B1 increase its value by 1. the values in column B
are all different random numbers.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
=if(a1=2009,B1,if(A1=2010,B1+1))

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

"Eduardo" wrote in message
in A10 enter
=if(A1=2009,30,if(A1=2010,31))

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change

eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change
from
30 to 31

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Eduardo thanks for the reply but I explained wrongly, my apologies (a bad
day !).
What I should have said was A1 changes for example from 2009 to 2010 and
whatever numbe ris in B1 increase its value by 1. the values in column B
are all different random numbers.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote in message
Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change

eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change from
30 to 31

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

thanks for all your help , now sorted