Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if(iserror()) question

Hello,
I'm trying to design a formula that returns a (blank) if a formula returns
an error OR a zero. The formula is of this type:

=if(or(iserror(getpivotdata(.....),getpivotdata(.. ...)=0),"",getpivotdata(.....))

This formula continually returns #REF for errors but works properly on the
"zero condition". I can also get it to work properly for the "iserror
condition" but return 0 for the "zero condition". I just can't get it to
work properly on both conditions. Is this a limitation in Excel or can
someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is a typical example. The original is:

=A1/A2

the modified is:

=IF(ISERROR(A1/A2),"",IF(A1/A2=0,"",A1/A2))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909