Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jto jto is offline

Default Display results of formula

I've created a VLOOKUP using the function wizard. After entering the 4
parameters the wizard box displays the function result. When I click ok and
return to the cell the display is 0 (zero). The formatting is set to
general. Why do I get a zero and how do I display the results of what
appears to be a valid VLOOKUP?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 13, 10:24*am, jto wrote:
I've created a VLOOKUP using the function wizard. *After entering the 4
parameters the wizard box displays the function result. *When I click ok and
return to the cell the display is 0 (zero). *The formatting is set to
general. *Why do I get a zero and how do I display the results of what
appears to be a valid VLOOKUP?

0 (zero) is actualy a good result for VLOOKUP. A 0 (zero) will be
return by the function everytime it return a result from an empty cell.