Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Summing Up My Time (minutes)

I am having a problem figuring this out and I'm sure it is quite simple and
maybe I am trying to hard but I have a worksheet that an employee enters how
many minutes they worked on something. Each employee has a separate column
that they enter their time. What I want to do is sum up all their time
(minutes) to produce the total hours and minutes for that particular task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, I think a simple =sum() would be in order. If you're dealing with time
sheets, look at this template:
http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplat...timesheet.html

--
Ryan---

"Kimbe" wrote:

I am having a problem figuring this out and I'm sure it is quite simple and
maybe I am trying to hard but I have a worksheet that an employee enters how
many minutes they worked on something. Each employee has a separate column
that they enter their time. What I want to do is sum up all their time
(minutes) to produce the total hours and minutes for that particular task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're entering time in minutes (as a decimal number), you can convert it
to an Excel time with the following formula:
=a1/60/60
Format as time.

Then just sum the numbers.
If your numbers add up to more than 24 hours, use a format of [hh]:mm to
display it.

Regards,
Fred

"Kimbe" wrote in message
I am having a problem figuring this out and I'm sure it is quite simple and
maybe I am trying to hard but I have a worksheet that an employee enters
how
many minutes they worked on something. Each employee has a separate
column
that they enter their time. What I want to do is sum up all their time
(minutes) to produce the total hours and minutes for that particular task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In cell A 1 I have:-

Employee1

In cell B 1 I have:-

Employee2

In cell C 1 I have:-

Employee3

In cells A 2 down to A 25 inclusive I enter:-

30

This is the number of minutes that Employee1 has worked.

In cell A 26 I have the following formula:-

=SUM(A2:A25)/60

This returns (shows in cell A 26) the number 12 - being the 12 hours worked
by Employee1.

Copy the above to other cells as required.