Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default PivotTable/Chart - Statistics (Excel 2007)

Hi,

I've never actively used PivotTables or PivotCharts before, but have
something very specific I want to try and do - hoping I could get pointed in
the right direction...

I have a Database table which stores a history of statistics of a variety of
subjects; and every time updated stats are loaded into it they are added to
this table with a datestamp (as well as into the "current" table), so the
table over time grows larger and larger with an increasing volume of data
entries.

What I want to do, is to be able to have a pivot chart, when I can track the
growth of each of the statistical entries of each of the subjects.
i.e: stats are collected for John, Paul, and Luke, each entry noting their
marks in various subjects. I'd like for the chart (presumably using a
filter) to display the growth of John's marks in a particular subject or
subjects, then change to displaying Paul's.

I hope that makes sense.

I know how to load the external data (loving how easy 2007 is for this
stuff) but I'm completely stumped as to how to collate/organise the
PivotTable entries to work like I want above. I had put each of the column
headings in as values but the only options for displaying was to have the
average/max/total/etc of that value, and I had all of them displaying in a
table...totally confused :(

Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction here.

regards
Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can nobody help with this??