Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate date of birth with an end date and age

I have a sheet with a retirement date which will be the x birthday, and the
age (x) of the client at that date. I need to get a date of birth for each
of these people.
Anyone know a formula that will achieve this??
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Worker Retires Age DOB
Fred 15-Mar-10 65 15-Mar-45
"Fred" is in A2, retirement date in B2, age in C2, DOB in D2
In D2: =DATE(YEAR(B2)-C2,MONTH(B2),DAY(B2))
This assume the retirement date exactly corresponds (month & day) to Fred's
DOB
I have used a dd-mmm-yy date format to save confusion (international vs USA)
but the dates could be in dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yy, etc.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP