Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match values in more than one column

Hi

I have three columns of data and wish to highlight the matches or
change the format if there are any duplicates.

i.e

A B C

Apple Banana Cheese
Banana Orange Milk
Chocolate Milk Water
Biscuits Pear Bread
Wafers Plum Banana

So Banana would be highlighted in all, Milk in B and C. I assume I'd
use conditional formatting, but the MATCH function only seems to let
me compare against 1 column, not a full range.

Is there a simple way of doing this, or do I need some sort of
function to add together the matches and then conditional format?

If this can be done in VB that is fine as there is a script that
creates the lists so I could append to that.

Cheers

Rich