Amnon Wilensky

Default Vlookup formula

Hi,

I need a nested formula like vlookup formula.

This is my problem:

I have 8 size of drainage pipes differ by diameter, and every size have
three grades of prices as shown in the table below:

Diameter type A type B type C

40 $50 $70 $90

50 $60 $85 $105

80 $85 $110 $135

100 $125 $165 $195

125 $195 $240 $310

150 $310 $425 $580

180 $550 $720 $950

225 $835 $1150 $1650

Now I have a formula that calculate all the cost of performing new system of
drainage pipes (excavating, materials, labor, est., and I need a nested
formula to bring in the price of the correct pipe, for example, if I will
type in one cell 100 and the other B, the formula will bring to me the value
$165 according to the table above.

Any help?

Thanks,

Amnon

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Alan

With your table of values in A1:D9
The diameter cell being A12,
The type cell being A13,

=VLOOKUP(A12,A2:D9,MATCH(B12,A1:D1,FALSE))

Regards,

[...]

Alan

Not my day!
The type cell should be B12,