Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EXCEL07 CELL FORMULAS WILL NOT COMPUTE TO A VALUE

My spread sheet, before I had this trouble, computed all the cells that
contained formulas to show the values. Along the way I must have done
something that caused all of the cells to only show formulas. I have tried
everything, but they sill only show formulas. Even with a simple reference
to another cell such as:

F8 referenced to cell B6 that contains a number such as 25, still shows F8 or,
F20 contains a calculation such as F9(3)*C8(5) =15, F20 shows F9*C8.
If I a trace, the trace work and points to the precedents making up the
answer.

I think there must be a setting that I can't find in EXCEL07. I am new to 07
and am still not up to speed with the screwed up ribbon at the top of the
page. I have used EXCEL03 for years, am no longer EXCEL literate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Maybe try holding down the CTRL key and tap `

The ` symbol is to the left of the 1 key

I haven't managed to find the menu option for this in e2007 yet.

Mike

"Bearski" wrote:

My spread sheet, before I had this trouble, computed all the cells that
contained formulas to show the values. Along the way I must have done
something that caused all of the cells to only show formulas. I have tried
everything, but they sill only show formulas. Even with a simple reference
to another cell such as:

F8 referenced to cell B6 that contains a number such as 25, still shows F8 or,
F20 contains a calculation such as F9(3)*C8(5) =15, F20 shows F9*C8.
If I a trace, the trace work and points to the precedents making up the
answer.

I think there must be a setting that I can't find in EXCEL07. I am new to 07
and am still not up to speed with the screwed up ribbon at the top of the
page. I have used EXCEL03 for years, am no longer EXCEL literate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bearski -

Perhaps shortcut key Control tilde
or
Formulas (ribbon) (Formula Auditing section) Show Formulas

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com