-   -   Smallest to Largest (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/252204-smallest-largest.html)

JJ

Smallest to Largest

I have column A ranging from (Seq)1 - 30 with numerica value. Column B with
(Description)Text names. The data is to be linked so that whenever the seq
changes, it updates the cells in the worksheet containing th formula.
A1 B1
1 A
3 B
2 C

I have tried the SMALL function but don't know how to link the two comlumns.

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

Smallest to Largest

Provide an example of before and after. HTH Otto

"JJ" wrote in message
I have column A ranging from (Seq)1 - 30 with numerica value. Column B
with
(Description)Text names. The data is to be linked so that whenever the seq
changes, it updates the cells in the worksheet containing th formula.
A1 B1
1 A
3 B
2 C

I have tried the SMALL function but don't know how to link the two
comlumns.

JLatham

Smallest to Largest

Take a look at this thread - read through to the part where Mike wants names
resequenced based on resequenced values (which I did as 1st part). I think
that sounds almost exactly the same as what I think you're asking for here.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...7-3f30d5e39708