Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to paste data to alternating cells down a column?

I am copying data from a column in one sheet where the entries run concurent
down the column. When I paste to the new sheet I need to paste the
information in every other cell down the column. What is the best way to do
this, I have 3600 entries copied in groups of 25 to 72 different sheets, each
sheet holds 50 entries?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One extraction technique which should serve you well ..
Assume you have source data in Sheet1, running in A2 down
In another sheet,
In any starting cell, say in B2:
=IF(MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,2)=1,"",OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/2),MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,2)))
Copy B2 down as far as required to extract Sheet1's source data into
alternate cells all the way down. Freeze the values in col B with an
"in-place" copy n paste special as values. Easily adapt the expression to
suit where your source data starts, ie change the OFFSET's anchor:
Sheet1!$A$2
Success ? Celebrate it, hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore