Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting cells to show two dates in one cell

I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info
from clients. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been
putting a comma between the two dates.

I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with
other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes
the dates to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of
this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just
the two dates.

I don't want to create another column for the second date, because the
spreadsheets is already a bit unwieldy.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You won't be able to achieve this through formatting the cell. Once
you add the comma and a second date then Excel will treat that as a
text entry, and formatting can't change that.

Hope ths helps.

Pete

On Dec 29, 4:16*pm, Jo4321 wrote:
I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info
from clients. *When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been
putting a comma between the two dates. *

I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with
other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes
the dates to something like 12:00AM. *I've tried changing the formatting of
this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just
the two dates. *

I don't want to create another column for the second date, because the
spreadsheets is already a bit unwieldy. *

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, this is the problem: I WANT it to be treated as text, but it is not
working.

I want it to show up on the merged document as "3/11/2009, 12/29/2009".
However, even though it looks that way on the excel document, when I use
merge to pull it into the document, it changes it to 12:00AM or similar.

Besides changing the format on the excel sheet to text, I also tried adding
an apostrophe at the beginning, but that didn't work either. I'm wondering
if it is something I have to do within the word document.

Jo

.