Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Forms--Vista--2007 Excel

Hello, I am working on an Excel Worksheet, using it as a survey, and need to
accomplish 3 tasks.

1.) I want the user to check, or place an "X" only one of three options.
(Grouping Radio Buttons may accomplish this task, but I wanted to see if
there was a way, we could protect the worksheet, and only allow entering of
text in the three options.)

2.) I want the worksheet to indicate if a user has missed a survey question.
(For intstance, they place an "X" in of the the three options for Question
No. 1, but neglect to do so for Question No. 2.) As a result the worksheet
will not save and/or close.

3.) I want the value of the "X" to represent a value. (For example, if they
put an "X" in small, it will equal "1", and "X" in medium, it will equal "2",
etc.)

Since I am dealing with someone else's worksheet, and it is all set up, I
just need to add these functions.

Is it possible, or do I need to recreate in a User Form (which is over my
head anywway)?

Any suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks

(Lost in Excel).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can certainly do all this. It will take a bit of work though. To get
started, look at data validation:

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/data-validation.htm

http://excel.tips.net/E165_Data_Validation.html

--
Ryan---

"Lost in Excel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the attempt, but I am not looking for Data Validation, as I am not
trying to control what users put into a cell, exactly?

I am looking to group cells in such a way, so that only one entry "X" is
allowed in cell A2, or A4, or A6. Once an "X" is typed in A4, then the user
is not allowed to type an "X" in A2 or A6. (Similar to a Radio Button, which
I can't use, as the "X" triggers a comment in another cell).

Again, can you group cells in such a way. I have protected the Worksheet, so
that only these fields will allow entry, but it also currently allows, an "X"
to be placed in all boxes, when I only want one per row.