Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Totaling Volume within a range of dates

I have a workbook with two sheets. On the first sheet are a series of dates.
On the second tab, I am trying to total the number of entries within
specific months using date ranges from the first sheet. I can't for the life
of me figure out what formula to use to do this. Can anyone help. An
example of the data I am trying to formulate would be a count of claims
1/31/10 but < 3/1/10. Please help. An example is below. I reposted as I didn't have an example in the first.

Here is an example of my workbook with the dates:

PIP Adjuster Claim Number System Insured Claimant Date Feature Received Date
Feature Reopened Date Feature Closed
1/22/10
3/8/10
2/9/10
7/14/10
On the second tab, I have each month listed and want to show a sum total of
the number of features received during each specific month.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"and want to show a sum total of the number of features received during each
specific month"

- what does this mean in terms of the informations that you have provided?

You do not have a column (field) called, "feature" - to what does this refer?

Is the second tab related in any way to the first one? If yes, how?

"BuckeyeJohn21" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I copied my sheet over, the columns were distorted. There is a column
for the dates. I have removed the second tab and am simply working with one
(placing the report at the bottom). I simply need to get excel to sum the
number of cases between a range of dates.

Thank you.

"BuckeyeJohn21" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're sure making it difficult for people to help you out.

In general, to "get excel to sum the number of cases between a range of
dates.", you use something like:
=sumproduct(--(a1:a10date(2010,1,31)),--(a1:a10<date(2010,3,1)))

If you have something you want to total, like volume, as you state in your
subject line, and it's in column B, use:
=sumproduct(--(a1:a10date(2010,1,31)),--(a1:a10<date(2010,3,1)),--(b1:b10))

Regards,
Fred