Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default comparing columns in two spreadsheets

I need help with comparing two columns. I have two spreadsheets and I think
I have some duplicate entries in each of the two spreadsheets. Some however
arent. I need to figure out which are duplicates and which arent? I am
importing data, but I want it to go in only once.

In each spreadsheet I have a column named Account ID (Column B) and a
Column named Amount (Column E).

I need to import only the non-duplicates from both spreadsheets. Just to
clear up when I say duplicates, I mean that the entry is in both spreadsheets
not duplicated in one spreadsheet.

Example:

Spreadsheet 1
Account ID (Column B) Amount (Colum E)
412-23 200.00
512-34 400.00
613-789 500.00

Spreadsheet 2
Account ID (Column B) Amount (Colum E)
412-23 200.00
512-34 400.00
789-10 600.00

Then I would compare and only import 789-10 for 600.00, because the other
entries are duplicated in each spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hey, one more. Let's say data is in Sheet1, Column A and Sheet2, Column A;
try this:
=IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(Sheet1!A1:A6,Sheet2!A1:A6,0) )),A1:A6,"")
That finds dupes.

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(Sheet1!A1:A6,Sheet2!A1:A6,0)),Sh eet1!A1:A6,"")
That finds non-dupes.

Select the whole used range, put the function in the cell, and select all
cells in the desired range (ie, select D1:D6, not D1), and commit with Ctrl +
Shift + Enter.

--
Ryan---