Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP Returning a copy of a cell

I want to use VLOOKUP to return not just the value in the cell but also the
formating of the cell. For instance, if this is my table

1 Frog
2 Sheep
3 Cow

and I do a VLOOKUP(2, A:B, 2, FALSE) I will get "Sheep". However, if Sheep
is has a format that is for instance a strikethrough, then it will still show
up as "Sheep". How can I return the format as well? Is there a way to use
VLOOKUP to return a copy of the cell?

Thanks,

Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A formula can only return a value to a cell. It can not return formatting.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP