Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Have Excel Enter Decimal Place

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I want to be able to type in (for example) 406 and the cell will display
40.6. Then 326 and the cell will display 32.6. Can this be done? It will
always be one decimal place.
Thanks, Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Karen,

This is a global setting and frankly I think it will be more trouble than
it's worth.

E2007. Office button-Excel options- Advanced
Check 'Automatically insert a decimal point' and set it to 1 place

E2003. Tools-Options-Edit tab then same as above.

If this only applies to a defined range then a VB solution may be better.
Post back if that's what you want.

Mike

"Karen" wrote:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I want to be able to type in (for example) 406 and the cell will display
40.6. Then 326 and the cell will display 32.6. Can this be done? It will
always be one decimal place.
Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much Mike! That will work for me since I'm entering about 500
numbers. Ill just change it back when Im done.
Thank you again, Karen