Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count number of dates between a specified period of time

I have a column in a spreadsheet that contains the dates that inspections
occurred on. From that I want to generate a count of the number of
inspections that occurred between certain dates. Example:

Column A
2/3/09
3/4/09
3/6/09
3/6/09
5/6/09
6/5/09
7/6/09

How can I write a formula that will count the number of dates that are
between 3/1/09 and 6/30/09? I assume it would use the COUNTIF function.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A15=DATE(2009,3,1))*(A1:A15<=DATE (2009,6,30)))

In practice I would use cell references in the formula to prevent having to
edit it

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A15=C1)*(A1:A15<=D1))

"Sodak" wrote:

I have a column in a spreadsheet that contains the dates that inspections
occurred on. From that I want to generate a count of the number of
inspections that occurred between certain dates. Example:

Column A
2/3/09
3/4/09
3/6/09
3/6/09
5/6/09
6/5/09
7/6/09

How can I write a formula that will count the number of dates that are
between 3/1/09 and 6/30/09? I assume it would use the COUNTIF function.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A7=DATEVALUE("3/1/2009"))*(A1:A7<DATEVALUE("7/1/2009")))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909