Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SFG SFG is offline

Default Tab key problem in Microsoft Office Excel 2003

I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and now when I am using Excel and
hit the tab key, the cursor always jumps to cell P rather than moving to the
adjacient cell to the right. How do I correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Whether this is happening in new workbook also or in a specific file only?

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"SFG" wrote:

I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and now when I am using Excel and
hit the tab key, the cursor always jumps to cell P rather than moving to the
adjacient cell to the right. How do I correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SFG wrote...
I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and now when I am using Excel and
hit the tab key, the cursor always jumps to cell P rather than moving to the
adjacient cell to the right. *How do I correct this?

You have transition navigation keys enabled. In Excel 2003 and prior,
run the menu command Tools Options to display the Options dialog,
click on the Transition tab, uncheck the Transition navigation keys
checkbox, and click the OK button. For Excel 2007, it's buried
somewhere else, but the [Alt]+T, O key combination (hold down an [Alt]
key then type T, release the [Alt] key and type O -- that's the letter
between N and P, not zero) should display the Options dialog in Excel
2007 and 2010.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ToolsOptionsTransition.

Uncheck any Transition Options.............especially Navigation keys.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP