Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

Default Boolean Math

I have three cells with formulas that return a boolean value.
I need a formula in the fourth cell that returns True only if the first
three cells are all True.
--
Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=AND(A1,A2,A3)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 10, 6:51*pm, Art wrote:
I have three cells with formulas that return a boolean value.
I need a formula in the fourth cell that returns True only if the first
three cells are all True.
--
Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi there.
The following formula returns true only if A1, A2 and A3 are all TRUE:

=and(A1,A2,A3)

Regards,
Otávio

"Art" wrote:

I have three cells with formulas that return a boolean value.
I need a formula in the fourth cell that returns True only if the first
three cells are all True.
--
Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your cells are D5:D8 you could use this:
=IF(COUNTIF(D5:D7,"true")=3,TRUE,FALSE)

Hope that helps,

Frank

"Art" wrote:

I have three cells with formulas that return a boolean value.
I need a formula in the fourth cell that returns True only if the first
three cells are all True.
--
Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't need =IF(...,TRUE,FALSE)
Your formula is the same as =COUNTIF(D5:D7,"true")=3 or
=COUNTIF(D5:D7,TRUE)=3
but AND is easier.
--
David Biddulph

"Art" wrote:

I have three cells with formulas that return a boolean value.
I need a formula in the fourth cell that returns True only if the first
three cells are all True.
--
Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

or even
=A1*B1*C1<0
SORRY!

"Mike H" wrote in message
AND another

=A1*B1*C1=1

"Art" wrote:

I have three cells with formulas that return a boolean value.
I need a formula in the fourth cell that returns True only if the first
three cells are all True.
--
Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This slightly shorter AND method seems to work also (assuming the cells are
contiguous)...

=AND(A1:C1)

or

=AND(A1:A3)