Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup return Zero if not there

I'm doing a vlookup. If the value I"m looking up is not in the arrary I've
set up I want the formual to return a zero.

Here's the formula: =VLOOKUP(C11,'Payment Matrix'!B128:C134,2,TRUE)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=IF(COUNTIF(B128:B134,C11)=0,0,VLOOKUP(C11,'Paymen t Matrix'!B128:C134,2,TRUE))

Mike

"Troy" wrote:

I'm doing a vlookup. If the value I"m looking up is not in the arrary I've
set up I want the formual to return a zero.

Here's the formula: =VLOOKUP(C11,'Payment Matrix'!B128:C134,2,TRUE)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would use the ISNA() function to determine if the value looked up does not
exist and if not place a zero. If the lookup returns a N/A (N/A= not
available) then it laces a zero, otherwise the if goes ahead and does the
lookup and returns the value.

Something like this:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C11,'Payment
Matrix'!B128:C134,2,TRUE)),0,VLOOKUP(C11,'Payment Matrix'!B128:C134,2,TRUE))

Hope that helps.

Frank