Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding if to Average If Array function

Hi,

I recently had help understanding the following formula
{=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(Score0,Score))),"",AVERAG E(IF(Score0,Score)))}
Thanks to Luke M, Pete UK and David Biddulph who provided the explanation.

I've now been asked to add to this formula so that if either Q3 or Q4 is
greater than 4 then the average cannot be lower than 3.
Q1:Q35 is the named range score.

This is really complicated because I still need to have an average and I'm
thinking that the If part is non array but the average part still needs to be
an array.

Can you mix and match or is it not possible?

Many thanks
Diddy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=IF(COUNTIF(Q3:Q4,"4"),MAX(3,AVERAGE(IF(score0,s core))),
AVERAGE(IF(score0,score)))

--
Jacob

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi,

I recently had help understanding the following formula
{=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(Score0,Score))),"",AVERAG E(IF(Score0,Score)))}
Thanks to Luke M, Pete UK and David Biddulph who provided the explanation.

I've now been asked to add to this formula so that if either Q3 or Q4 is
greater than 4 then the average cannot be lower than 3.
Q1:Q35 is the named range score.

This is really complicated because I still need to have an average and I'm
thinking that the If part is non array but the average part still needs to be
an array.

Can you mix and match or is it not possible?

Many thanks
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jacob,

I'm probably doing something wrong but I get #VALUE!. Am I supposed to enter
as an array formula?

Cheers
Diddy

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi,

I recently had help understanding the following formula
{=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(Score0,Score))),"",AVERAG E(IF(Score0,Score)))}
Thanks to Luke M, Pete UK and David Biddulph who provided the explanation.

I've now been asked to add to this formula so that if either Q3 or Q4 is
greater than 4 then the average cannot be lower than 3.
Q1:Q35 is the named range score.

This is really complicated because I still need to have an average and I'm
thinking that the If part is non array but the average part still needs to be
an array.

Can you mix and match or is it not possible?

Many thanks
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you once again David.