Default Unwanted character

Hi Group,

How can I use excel to convert '041255354412 into 041255354412

That is omit the "'" from the string of numbers.

kind regards

Martina
CLR

Highlight the column then do Edit Replace Find what: '.........then
Replace with: (leave blank) Replace all

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message ...
Hi Group,

How can I use excel to convert '041255354412 into 041255354412

That is omit the "'" from the string of numbers.

kind regards

Martina

David McRitchie

Hi Martina,
The leading apostrophe is not hurting anything, it is
an indicator that you have a text value. It is not seen
in macro. You will only see it at the formula bar.

The following macro will convert a selection to the formatted
value of the cell as a text string.

You would format the column as Text before running
the macro. (however the macro will format within the selection)

Sub AS_TEXT()
'DMcRitchie, code/join.txt, 2001-01-23, programming
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim Make_A_Break 'allow change while running
On Error Resume Next 'In case no cells in selection
Dim vString As String
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
vString = cell.Text
cell.NumberFormat = "@"
cell.Value = vString
Make_A_Break = DoEvents 'yield to system tasks
Next cell
'simplify formatting
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

If not familiar with installing and using macros, see
---
HTH,