alm09

Default Formula/function

Any ideas on how I can do the following?

I have a grid similar to the following:

Column A B D
Group # Totals Group 1
1 10 Group 2
1 5 Group 3
2 20
3 7
2 5

I need the groups in Column D to update as I enter the information in
Columns A & B. For example, after I have entered everything in Columns A & B
above, I should see Group 1's total of 15 (10+5), Group 2's total of 25
(20+5), and Group 3's total of 7. Should I need to add another entry of 10
for Group 1, I would need that total to increase in Column D for Group 1 by
10.

It seems I need a "CountIf" function but not sure how to apply in a formula.

Duke Carey

Bob -

Isn't the OP in need of a SUMIF() here??

="Group 1 = " & SUMIF($A:$A,1,$B:$B)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

="Group 1 = " & COUNTIF($A:$A,1,$B:$B)

etc.

--

HTH

RP

"alm09" wrote in message
[...]

Bob Phillips

Indeed he is Duke, well spotted.

Bob

"Duke Carey" wrote in message
Bob -

Isn't the OP in need of a SUMIF() here??

="Group 1 = " & SUMIF($A:$A,1,$B:$B)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

="Group 1 = " & COUNTIF($A:$A,1,$B:$B)

etc.