Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Testing for an Integer result in a formula

I'm writing a nested IF statement in which one step needs to test the value
of one cell divided by another cell, and determine if it is an integer before
it completes the calculation.

So, IF cell R10 / I13 = INTEGER, then I'll perform a Future Value calc. IF
NOT = I want to do nothing.

I tried ISEVEN, but when I turned on the Analysis Took Pak nothing happened.
My spreadsheet still did not recognize the ISEVEN.

Suggestions please?
--
Jerry G
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(INT(R10/I13)=R10/I13,"integer","")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 4, 3:23*pm, JerryG wrote:
I'm writing a nested IF statement in which one step needs to test the value
of one cell divided by another cell, and determine if it is an integer before
it completes the calculation.

So, IF cell R10 / I13 = INTEGER, then I'll perform a Future Value calc. *IF
NOT = I want to do nothing.

I tried ISEVEN, but when I turned on the Analysis Took Pak nothing happened.
*My spreadsheet still did not recognize the ISEVEN.

Suggestions please?
--
Jerry G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jerry -

Use the MOD operator, which tells if there is a remainder after dividing the
two numbers.

=IF(=MOD(R10,I13)=0),<FV Calc here,"")
--
Daryl S