Moni39

Default compare two columns and remove duplicates

I have a list of phone numbers from the do not cal list and a number from
another list. I want to compare the two lists and look for dupes to I know
who I can call. I would like the duplicates from the two lists to be
identified and the other numbers not on the do not call list to be accessable
in order to call.

David McRitchie

You would could use VLOOUP the check the do not call list
and place an "X" if found there. Then you can use AutoFilter
to filter out "X" rows.

VLOOKUP
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm

AutoFilter basics (Data, Autofilter) at contextures.com
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

If this is the National Do Not Call List, it will not scale very well
with Excel, you would need a database.
---
HTH,

"Moni39" wrote in message ...
I have a list of phone numbers from the do not cal list and a number from
another list. I want to compare the two lists and look for dupes to I know
who I can call. I would like the duplicates from the two lists to be
identified and the other numbers not on the do not call list to be accessable
in order to call.

David McRitchie

COUNTIF suggested by John via Chip Pearson's site is better
for finding duplicates than VLOOKUP, but use of AutoFilter will
get you the second part -- a list of uninformed people who didn't
get on the do not call list.

Wonder how misspelling of VLOOKUP got through my spelling
check anyway.