Mick the quick.

Default Excel macro

"CCB AA" wrote:

Writing a marco and I need a "pause" so I can copy info from another wookbook
and insert it in the current wookbook. How do I make a macro pause, lookup,
copy, insert and then move on?

David McRitchie

The posting you are replying to was posted Sep 22, 2004, so I guess Microsoft
is doing the same thing that Google is doing -- allowing you to reply post to very old
messages (very bad practice, but I think it will mess things up so bad that it will be
stopped sooner or later). Anyway I assume you are trying to reactivate this
in which case you should be including what YOU want.

You can't do that, and that is why there was no answer. You could
split the macro up and do part before and part after, but the macro cannot
wait for you to do something in Excel. You might schedule another
macro to run after a set time using ontime. You could perhaps have the
macro do the things you would look up manually.

Questions that don't have a solution tend not to be answered, and tied in
with the lack of a person's own name give the impression that they don't
care, so why should anyone else care.

Questions concerning macros are best posted in the programming
newsgroup. Though basically the same people are in all these groups.
it really would do any good to repost when one of the major groups is concerned...
. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
---
HTH,