Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula

I want to be able to enter a number in a cell and a formula search for that
number in column A only, and then copy the three cells next to that cell down
next to that number. Can office 2007 do this? Please help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Let say that you enter the number in E1 and you want the results in F1, G1
and H1
so in F1 enter

=Vlookup(E1,$A$1:$D$10000,2,false)

in G1

=Vlookup(E1,$A$1:$D$10000,3,false)

in H1
=Vlookup(E1,$A$1:$D$10000,4,false)

change range to fit your needs

if this helps please click yes

"nathan" wrote:

I want to be able to enter a number in a cell and a formula search for that
number in column A only, and then copy the three cells next to that cell down
next to that number. Can office 2007 do this? Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B$1,A$1:A$100,0)),OFFSET(A1,MAT CH(B$1,A$1:A$100),0),"")
and copy down 2 more rows,
if you've put your number in B1.
--
David Biddulph