Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting with conditions based on another range

HI. I've tried several different ways now to the experts :)

I have two rows of data:
Emp Lvl Rating
1 4
2 3
2 2
1 4
1 2
2 3

I need to count How many emp lvl 2's with rating 2 = 1

what is the formula for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6=2)*(B1:B6=1))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 27, 9:25*am, stephanie
wrote:
HI. *I've tried several different ways now to the experts :)

I have two rows of data:
Emp Lvl * * * * * Rating
1 * * * * * * * * * *4
2 * * * * * * * * * *3
2 * * * * * * * * * *2
1 * * * * * * * * * *4
1 * * * * * * * * * *2
2 * * * * * * * * * *3

I need to count How many emp lvl 2's with rating 2 = 1

what is the formula for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 27, 4:25*am, stephanie
wrote:
HI. *I've tried several different ways now to the experts :)

I have two rows of data:
Emp Lvl * * * * * Rating
1 * * * * * * * * * *4
2 * * * * * * * * * *3
2 * * * * * * * * * *2
1 * * * * * * * * * *4
1 * * * * * * * * * *2
2 * * * * * * * * * *3

I need to count How many emp lvl 2's with rating 2 = 1

what is the formula for this?

I use an arrary formula:

={SUM(IF(A2:A7=1,1,0)*IF(B2:B7=2,1,0))}

Create an array formula

When you enter an array formula (array formula: A formula that
performs multiple calculations on one or more sets of values, and then
returns either a single result or multiple results. Array formulas are
enclosed between braces { } and are entered by pressing CTRL+SHIFT
+ENTER.), Microsoft Excel automatically inserts the formula between
{ } (braces).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks I understand the formula but what if I just wanted the N - how many
level 2 responded to the question or in this case received a rating
(regardess of the rating score?)?

-S

"stephanie" wrote:

HI. I've tried several different ways now to the experts :)

I have two rows of data:
Emp Lvl Rating
1 4
2 3
2 2
1 4
1 2
2 3

I need to count How many emp lvl 2's with rating 2 = 1

what is the formula for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A:A,2)

or perhaps this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=2)*(B1:B100<""))

Hope this helps.

Pete

"stephanie" wrote:

HI. *I've tried several different ways now to the experts :)

I have two rows of data:
Emp Lvl * * * * * Rating

I need to count How many emp lvl 2's with rating 2 = 1

what is the formula for this?- Hide quoted text -