Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2

I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number
of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value
on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the
validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data
into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the
data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the
form is not entered onto the worksheet.

Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found
that when using a data form in that version, the data validation did not
apply and only worked when entering data directly into the cdells on the
worksheet.

Has anyone else come across this problem?
--
Peter WA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, the data form in Excel 2007 wipes out all the data in columns
before the data validation error column.

You could try John Walkenbach's free enhanced Data Entry form for Excel
2007. It seems to ignore the data validation rules, and enter all the data.

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/dataform/home

Peter wrote:
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number
of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value
on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the
validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data
into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the
data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the
form is not entered onto the worksheet.

Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found
that when using a data form in that version, the data validation did not
apply and only worked when entering data directly into the cdells on the
worksheet.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures