Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Consolidation of Data from more than one worksheet file

I have my company inventory on 15 different excel 2003 worksheet files. Is
there any way to consolidate those file and reports for each item? I do not
want the Pivot Table way. Because the structure of the worksheets is not
comfortable for that.

Satya Nanduri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's get the nomenclature down first
a file is a workbook
a worksheet or tab or sheet is the worksheet in the file.
You need so specify the workbook(s) and also the worksheet(s) within each
workbook.

for each wb in workbooks
worksheets("sourcesheetnamehere").copy somewhere
next wb

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Satya Nanduri" wrote in message
I have my company inventory on 15 different excel 2003 worksheet files. Is
there any way to consolidate those file and reports for each item? I do
not
want the Pivot Table way. Because the structure of the worksheets is not
comfortable for that.

Satya Nanduri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure I totally understand the question, but look here for some ideas:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm

http://www.rondebruin.nl/fso.htm

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Satya Nanduri" wrote:

I have my company inventory on 15 different excel 2003 worksheet files. Is
there any way to consolidate those file and reports for each item? I do not
want the Pivot Table way. Because the structure of the worksheets is not
comfortable for that.

Satya Nanduri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, I meant 15 workbooks (or as per your email they are different files
like Inventory1.xls, Inventory2.xls upto 15. I need to consolidate the data
and generate reports. I am not getting a logical way to do that. Sometime I
feel that doesn't make sense. But, wanted to try, if I am wrong.
Thanks for your time.
Satya

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Let's get the nomenclature down first
a file is a workbook
a worksheet or tab or sheet is the worksheet in the file.
You need so specify the workbook(s) and also the worksheet(s) within each
workbook.

for each wb in workbooks
worksheets("sourcesheetnamehere").copy somewhere
next wb

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Satya Nanduri" wrote in message
I have my company inventory on 15 different excel 2003 worksheet files. Is
there any way to consolidate those file and reports for each item? I do
not
want the Pivot Table way. Because the structure of the worksheets is not
comfortable for that.

Satya Nanduri

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions