Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to insert the tab name in a cell

Could anyone please tell how I add the tab name to a specifik cell in the
excel shet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below formula in a saved workbook.

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kate Bj" wrote:

Could anyone please tell how I add the tab name to a specifik cell in the
excel shet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may download and install this addin and then use the sheetname function

http://www.download.com/Morefunc/300...-10423159.html

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kate Bj" <Kate wrote in message
Could anyone please tell how I add the tab name to a specifik cell in the
excel shet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default inserting tab name into spreadsheet cell

Formula worked like a charm, thank you so much for saving me endless hours of repetitive typing!

Jacob Skaria wrote:

Try the below formula in a saved workbook.
22-Nov-09

Try the below formula in a saved workbook.

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kate Bj" wrote:

On Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:03 AM
Kate Bj wrote:

How to insert the tab name in a cell
Could anyone please tell how I add the tab name to a specifik cell in the
excel shet.

On Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:13 AM
Jacob Skaria wrote:

Try the below formula in a saved workbook.
Try the below formula in a saved workbook.

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kate Bj" wrote:

On Sunday, November 22, 2009 10:58 AM
Ashish Mathur wrote:

Hi,You may download and install this addin and then use the sheetname
Hi,

You may download and install this addin and then use the sheetname function

http://www.download.com/Morefunc/300...-10423159.html

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com