Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LAM LAM is offline

Default Amount Owing

I have a total cell all the input is add to this point. I want to know how
to make an amount owing cell...how do I put the fixed amount in so it will be
subtracted by the total cell. I am sorry if this is not clear. I am using
office 2003 on XP. Any help would be great. And as if you can't tell I am a
very new user to Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's say your total cell is in A4, and has a formula similar to this:
=SUM(A1:A3)

You're goal that you are wanting to reach, the "fixed amount" is in A5.
The amount left that you owe then is:
=A5-A4
--
Best Regards,