twd

Default Comparing prospect and buyers lists

I am trying to help out our marketing department and so far the only thing I
have accomplished is to turn myself into a drooling idiot.

My problem: We have two worksheets, the first is a list of names/emails of
prospects and the second is a list of names/emails of people who have
actually bought our product. Marketing wants to send an email to the people
on the prospects list that are NOT already buyers.

How can I compare the two lists, removing the names that are buyers but
otherwise leaving the prospect list intact?

I am using Office 2003.

Thanks for the help
Bob Phillips

I would suggest copying it to another worksheet.

On the prospects list, in column C add a formula of

=IF(COUNTIF('buyers'!$A$2:$A$100,A2)0,"","Prospec t")

and copy down.

Then either
- filetr the data based on a value of Prospect (DataFilterAutofilter) and
copy the visible rows to another worksheet
- copy the rows using advanced filter (DataFilterAdvanced Filter) using a
criteria of 'Prospect' to another worksheet

--

HTH

RP