Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Rows to Columns

I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2,
etc.
How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without
reentering all the data?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

--Select B2:D2. Copy the range
--Select A1. Right clickPasteSpecialTransposeOK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Walter Seaton" wrote:

I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2,
etc.
How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without
reentering all the data?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are two ways to do this. Use Jacob's suggestion, or use this:
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/fo.../transpose.php

That will create an array and 'lock' your rows/columns. This offers more
protection so that parts of arrays can't be accidentally deleted.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Walter Seaton" wrote:

I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2,
etc.
How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without
reentering all the data?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 17, 6:23*pm, Walter Seaton
wrote:
I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2,
etc.
How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without
reentering all the data?

Thank you

You can use an array formula

=transpose(a1:A10)

Higlight the activecell and the additional 9 columns (in the example
being 10 rows)

Press f2 to edit the transpose formula and then ctrl + shift + enter