Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

Default How do I increment the row and column of a cell in a formula?

I would like to drag a formula down a column, where the cell referred to is
one column right and one row down from the previous cell;

=A1
=B2
=C3

Thanks,
Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below

=OFFSET($A$1,ROW(A1)-1,ROW(A1)-1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Dan" wrote:

I would like to drag a formula down a column, where the cell referred to is
one column right and one row down from the previous cell;

=A1
=B2
=C3

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

Assume you want:

H1 = A1
H2 = B2
H3 = C3
H4 = D4
H5 = E5

Enter this formula in H1 and copy down to H5:

=INDEX(A$1:E$5,ROWS(H$1:H1),ROWS(H$1:H1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP