Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Xt Xt is offline

Default Automatic deleting graph segments

Hi folks. I have a collection of radar traces of bird flights. Each
trace is two (x, y) pairs, one for the start and one for the end. I
have put them in a workbook like this -
Trace End X Y
1 Start 63 77
1 Finish 67 64
2 Start 19 53
2 Finish 19 66
3 Start 49 74
3 Finish 54 41
4 Start 18 47
4 Finish 41 44
(There are hundreds of them.) I want to put them all on a xy scatter
graph so I have plotted the XY data joined with straight line
segments. Each trace is there. Unfortunately, the end of one trace is
joined to the beginning of the next. Is there a simple way I can get
rid of the joins and have only the line segments that represent the
actual traces?

Cheers and thanks.

xt