Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to find lowest points

If I would like to know lowest point of each user, what function that I can
use?

User Points
9cats999 1180
1200
acc00995 1040
1070
1200
accou996 1200
admin475 1040
1070
admin697 1200
1690
adminasa 2220
2230

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since the points are sorted you can use the below. With your data in ColA and B

=VLOOKUP("admin697",A:B,2,0)

or with username in cell C1
=VLOOKUP(C1,A:B,2,0)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Halin" wrote:

If I would like to know lowest point of each user, what function that I can
use?

User Points
9cats999 1180
1200
acc00995 1040
1070
1200
accou996 1200
admin475 1040
1070
admin697 1200
1690
adminasa 2220
2230

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Halin

--If the points are not sorted and if you dont want to fill ColA
blanks...then try the below formula...You can use the same formula replacing
MIN with MAX,SUM,AVERAGE etc...

=MIN(OFFSET(INDIRECT("A" &
MATCH(C1,A:A,0)),0,1,IF(ISNA(MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(INDI RECT("A" &
MATCH(C1,A:A,0)+1 & ":A1000")<"",),)),1000,
MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(INDIRECT("A" & MATCH(C1,A:A,0)+1 & ":A1000")<"",),)),1))

--If you have got more things to be done with this data; it is better to
fill the blanks with the userid..

1. Select the data range in ColA (say A1:A100).
2. Press F5. From 'Goto window'Special from Options select 'Blanks' and
hit OK
3. This will select all blanks.
4. Now press = (equal sign)
5. Then press Up Arrow to reference the cell just above
6. Now press Ctrl and Enter key together

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria