KimberlyC

Default Making a cell's contents lower case

Hi,
I have a formula in cell A3 of my worksheet that references another range
on a worksheet in the workbook.
The formula is:
=FirstName

Is there something I can add to this formula to convert all caps to lower
case ....if the user types the first name in all caps in the cell
(FirstName - range) the formula is referencing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kimberly

Niek Otten

=LOWER(FirstName)

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"KimberlyC" wrote in message
I have a formula in cell A3 of my worksheet that references another range
on a worksheet in the workbook.
The formula is:
=FirstName

Is there something I can add to this formula to convert all caps to lower
case ....if the user types the first name in all caps in the cell
(FirstName - range) the formula is referencing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kimberly

John Mansfield

Kimberly,

Yes, look up the LOWER function in Excel's help. Your formula would look
like:

=lower(FirstName)

As a sidenote, the PROPER function will convert text to proper case.

----------------------------
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"KimberlyC" wrote:

Hi,
I have a formula in cell A3 of my worksheet that references another range
on a worksheet in the workbook.
The formula is:
=FirstName

Is there something I can add to this formula to convert all caps to lower
case ....if the user types the first name in all caps in the cell
(FirstName - range) the formula is referencing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kimberly

Doug Glancy

Kimberly

=Lower(FirstName). Use Proper to keep the first letter in each word
capitalized.

hth,

Doug