Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula help

Hi-

Sample:

A B C
City State Zipcode

Boston MA 2202

I have two following questions:

1. I have address in a spreadsheet in separate column A, B, C and I like to
have this fomat as Boston, MA 2202. What is this correct formula? I try to
'&' but I has no 'comma' and 'space'.

2. The zipcodes have no zero infront and how do I add zero ? I do not want
to do individual because I have thousands of zipcodes.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

=A1&", "&B1&" "&"0"&C1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Soth" wrote:

Hi-

Sample:

A B C
City State Zipcode

Boston MA 2202

I have two following questions:

1. I have address in a spreadsheet in separate column A, B, C and I like to
have this fomat as Boston, MA 2202. What is this correct formula? I try to
'&' but I has no 'comma' and 'space'.

2. The zipcodes have no zero infront and how do I add zero ? I do not want
to do individual because I have thousands of zipcodes.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are one super smart. Thank you.

"CLR" wrote:

=A1&", "&B1&" "&"0"&C1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Soth" wrote:

Hi-

Sample:

A B C
City State Zipcode

Boston MA 2202

I have two following questions:

1. I have address in a spreadsheet in separate column A, B, C and I like to
have this fomat as Boston, MA 2202. What is this correct formula? I try to
'&' but I has no 'comma' and 'space'.

2. The zipcodes have no zero infront and how do I add zero ? I do not want
to do individual because I have thousands of zipcodes.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just in case the Zip Code has less than 4 digits...

=A1&", "&B1&" "&TEXT(C1,"00000")

CLR wrote:
=A1&", "&B1&" "&"0"&C1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Soth" wrote:

Hi-

Sample:

A B C
City State Zipcode

Boston MA 2202

I have two following questions:

1. I have address in a spreadsheet in separate column A, B, C and I like to
have this fomat as Boston, MA 2202. What is this correct formula? I try to
'&' but I has no 'comma' and 'space'.

2. The zipcodes have no zero infront and how do I add zero ? I do not want
to do individual because I have thousands of zipcodes.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Thank you for the kind words, but it's more a matter of just having been
there before.

I'm happy to have been of some help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Soth" wrote:

You are one super smart. Thank you.

"CLR" wrote:

=A1&", "&B1&" "&"0"&C1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Soth" wrote:

Hi-

Sample:

A B C
City State Zipcode

Boston MA 2202

I have two following questions:

1. I have address in a spreadsheet in separate column A, B, C and I like to
have this fomat as Boston, MA 2202. What is this correct formula? I try to
'&' but I has no 'comma' and 'space'.

2. The zipcodes have no zero infront and how do I add zero ? I do not want
to do individual because I have thousands of zipcodes.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glenn wrote:
Just in case the Zip Code has less than 4 digits... OR exactly 5 digits:

=A1&", "&B1&" "&TEXT(C1,"00000")

CLR wrote:
=A1&", "&B1&" "&"0"&C1

Vaya con Dios,